Hydrolyzed collagen supplement by
Dr. Bernd Friedlander
Protein Hydrate Collagen Peptide With Amino Acids
1 pound 1 oz (482 grams)
Exclusive proprietary hydrolyzed collagen supplement formula developed by Dr. Bernd Friedlander.
- Collagen is the glue that holds the entire body together.
- Collagen is the steel webbing in the bones that supports the minerals and provides flexibility to the bones.
- Collagen is the most abundant structural protein in the body
- 25% of the total body weight is collagen.
- Bones are 20% collagen.
- Cartilage is 50% collagen.
- 60% of the body is made up of connective tissue and collagen is 80% of that.
- Collagen is important to the skin, arteries, teeth, eyes, bones, tendons, ligaments and joints.
- The skin is 75% collagen and collagen accounts for 90% of the skin's volume.
- Collagen in the diet is essential for reducing healing time for both soft tissue and bone
- Adding a digestible (bio-available) collagen supplement reduces lines, wrinkles and cellulite in women.
- Collagen helps skin maintain its elasticity and retain moisture.
Aging and Collagen
When your body slows down its collagen production (after age 25), you will begin to see the beginning of "aging" of your tissues. You may notice thinning skin, appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and if you pinch your skin you may see that it doesn't "bounce back" as quickly. To avoid premature "aging", attention must be paid to increasing your body's collagen production, rather than letting it diminish.
Collagen throughout the body systems
When the raw materials for collagen synthesis are scarce the body may attempt substitution. The arteries are an example. Since the coronary artery is the main site of bio-mechanical stress in the body (opening and closing ~85,000 times per day), this artery requires tissue repair daily and when the proline, hydroxyproline, vitamin C and minerals are not available to repair damage, the liver will send in a secondary repair molecule called cholesterol to "patch" any potential leaks, cracks or abrasions to the artery. Collagen peptides plus amino acids supplies these raw materials needed for artery repair.
Without strong collagen production the eye's lens and sclera will suffer. Cataract, macular degeneration and weakening of the sclera are possible.
Wound healing When the body is not fully loaded with the full complement of the necessary raw materials for strong collagen synthesis, surgeries, athletic injuries, bone break and burn healing may be slowed by half.
Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptide – ideal nutritional support for diet & fitness
- Helps decrease the appetite by producing satiation when used in drink mixes
- Supports the body's ability to produce new collagen
- Supports energy and endurance and new muscle generation
- Firms, tones and plumps the skin
- Ideal preparation for surgery
- Easy to mix
- Mild flavor with no aftertaste
Suggested Use: As a dietary collagen supplement take one to three scoops daily preferably 15 minutes before a meal or as directed by a health professional.
Just mix with juice or or add to smoothie and enjoy.
Store in a cool, dark dry place. This product should be used within 1 year of purchase or within 6 months after opening. No refrigeration required.
DOES NOT CONTAIN any dairy, egg, sugar, corn, yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
These statements about this hydrolyzed collagen supplement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.